Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Eurythmics - 1984(For the Love of Big Brother) LP, 1984, U.K.


The amount of Eurythmics material I've been subject to over the years has been paltry to say the least.  But thanks to Matt, I heard this at M.D. earlier this year and remember liking it. Unfortunately, at the time, I couldn't give the record my undivided attention.  Luckily, I found this record for cheap recently and was completely enamored by it's laden 80's synth pop sentiments.  This was/is to be part of the soundtrack to the film "Ninteen Eighty-Four" but from what I've gleaned, not many versions of the film contain the Eurythmics songs (I think only on some vhs versions), only the music of  Dominic Muldowney.  I was told by Matt that director, Michael Radford, had the Eurythmics songs excised from the dvd version because he felt they were forced on him by the studio for commercial reasons. Listen to it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

View My Stats